Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off background apps updates in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Apps in Windows 10 run in the background to keep the information updated and check for latest activity associated with that app. These apps run in the background once you switch on the PC and if required they will use your Internet bandwidth as well.
When you launch an app for the first time, you will be asked to allow it to run in background. These apps often consume lot of memory and may slow down your PC.
How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Privacy option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Background apps.
- On the right side panel browse for the app you want to turn the background updates on or off.
- Push the toggle next to the app right in order to turn the setting On (it will turn blue).
- To turn in Off push the toggle left.