Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to remove the PIN for your account in Windows 10.
In Windows 10 the option to remove your PIN does not exist. However, there is a workaround to this as described below:
How to Remove the PIN for Your Account in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app and click on the Account option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Sign-in options.
- Click the I forgot my PIN link under the PIN setting on the right side panel.
- If your PIN is associated with your Microsoft account, then click on Continue to confirm.
- You will be prompted to verify your account password, enter your password and Sign in to continue.
- Now enter your alternate email address to receive verification code. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the code you have received in your alternate email address to reset the PIN. Click Next to continue.
- In Set up a PIN window, leave everything blank and click on Cancel to finish.
- If you go back to Step 2 you, you will notice your PIN has been removed.