Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to switch between the Start menu and Start screen in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Up until Windows 8 was released, the Start menu was always part of the Windows operating system. After removing this feature in Windows 8, Microsoft received lot of complaints from PC users and they had to rely on third-party Start menu replacements.
Windows 8 replaced it with a Start Screen.
Now with Windows 10, the Start Menu is back and you can have best of both worlds. You can now easily switch between the new Start menu and the Start screen using the steps mentioned below.
Note: On a PC, the Start menu will be turned on by default and on a touch-screen tablet, the Start screen will be the default option.
How to Switch to Start Screen in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app and click on the Personalization option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Start option.
- Under the Use Start full screen setting on the right side panel, turn the setting On by pushing the button to right side (it will turn blue).
How to Switch to Start Menu in Windows 10:
- Click on the Start Menu and then click on the Settings app.
- Click on the Personalization option.
- From the links on the left hand side, click on Start option.
- Under the Use Start full screen setting on the right side panel, turn the setting Off by pushing the button to left side (it will turn white).
Note:The last setting saved will be default Windows 10 setting till you change it back.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]