Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to change the PIN for your account in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
In the last tutorial we saw how we can setup a PIN and use it instead of the traditional method of using a password to secure your account.
Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to Windows, apps, and services by just entering your numerical PIN code.
Just like with your passwords, you can also change the PIN of your account.
How to Change the PIN for Your Account in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app and click on the Account option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Sign-in options.
- Click the Change button under the PIN setting on the right side panel.
- In Change your PIN window, enter your current PIN in first box then followed by new PIN in next two boxes. Click Ok to finish.
Note:To setup PIN which takes more than 4 digits, uncheck the option Use a 4-digit PIN in Step 4.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]