Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to hide specific file or folder from Quick Access in Windows 10.
Windows 10 has replaced Favorites feature from previous versions of Windows with Quick access. In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and Recent files.
This way you have access to the most frequent folders that you use and recent files which you have worked on.
For privacy reasons you may not want a specific file or a folder to be visible in Quick Access. Just follow these easy steps mentioned below to achieve this.
How to Hide Specific File or Folder in Quick access
- Open File Explorer and click on Quick access in the navigation pane.
- To hide a specific file/files from Recent Files in Quick access, select one or more files under Recent files.
- Right click on the file/files you want to hide from Quick Access.
- Click on Remove from Quick access.
- To hide a specific folder/folders from Frequent Folder in Quick access, select one or more folders under Frequent Folders.
- Right click on the folder/folders you want to hide from Quick Access.
- Click on Hide from frequent.
When a file or a folder is hidden from Quick access, they will no longer be visible and you need to stop hiding them for them to show up again in Quick Access. To stop hiding a file or a folder, you have to clear the File Explorer history from the General tab in File Explorer Options.