Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to turn Aero Snap On or Off in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10/11 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10/11 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 23,167 readers.
Aero Snap is part of the Aero enhancements which were introduced in Windows 7. The Aero Snap feature allows you to resize and snap open windows so that you can compare or work on them side-by-side.
To snap a window simply drag it to the edge of your screen until you see a transparent overlay appear, then drop the window to have it snap to that half of the screen. Repeat with another window to the other edge of the screen and you have two windows side by side.
How to turn Aero Snap On or Off using Settings app:
- Open Settings and click on the System icon.
- From the options on left side select Multitasking.
- To turn Aero Snap On, under Snap on the right side, move slider to right next to Allow the system to automatically arrange windows when they’re moved to the corner or edge of the screen.
- There are two optional Aero Snap settings underneath, which you can turn on by simply moving the slider to right side next to them.
- To turn Aero Snap Off, under Snap on the right side, move slider to left next to Allow the system to automatically arrange windows when they’re moved to the corner or edge of the screen.
How to turn Aero Snap On or Off in Ease of Access Center:
- Open the Control Panel (icons view), and select Ease of Access Center.
- In the Ease of Access Center you can select one of these three settings:
- Make the mouse easier to use
- Make the keyboard easier to use
- Make it easier to focus on tasks
- To turn Aero Snap On, uncheck the box next to Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edged of the screen box.
- To turn Aero Snap Off, check the box next to Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edged of the screen box.