Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to change theme of your user account in Window 10.
In Windows, you can use themes to change the look and feel of your computer.
Themes usually consist of desktop background pictures, window colors, sounds, screen saver and mouse pointers.
By default Windows comes with pre-installed themes and you can download additional themes from Microsoft Windows or third party websites.
You can even customize themes to make it little more personal and can save them under My Themes.
High Contrast Themes – These are themes that make text on your screen easier to see. These themes have heightened color contrast for text and images and make them more distinct and easier to identify.
How to change theme of your account in Windows 10:
- Open the Control Panel (icons view), and select Personalization. Go to step 5.
- Alternatively, right click on an empty area on your desktop, and click on Personalize. Got to step 5.
- Or, open Settings, and click on the Personalization icon.
- From the option on left hand side, select Themes. Click on the Go to theme settings link under Themes on the right side.
- Browse through various themes and click on a theme that you want to use.
- You can download more themes by clicking on the Get more themes online link.
To Choose a High Contrast Theme:
- Open the Settings, and select Personalization.
- From links on left hand side, click on Colors.
- Click on Go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
- Click on the Ease of Access icon.
- Click on High contrast on the left side, and choose one of the high contrast theme you want from the drop down menu on the right side.
- Make any color changes you would like, and click on Apply.