Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to hide or show Frequent folders in Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10.
Windows 10 has replaced Favorites feature from previous Windows with Quick access. In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and Recent files.
For privacy reasons if you do not wish to display them in Quick access, you can always change the computer settings.
Quick access will display up to ten frequent folders and twenty most recent files.
Using File Explorer Options you can change hide or show Frequent folders in Quick Access:
- Open the Control Panel (icons view), and select File Explorer Options or
- Open File Explorer, expand the ribbon by pressing Ctrl + F1 key or clicking on the expand view button as shown below.
- Click on the View tab, and click on Options in the ribbon.
- To show frequent folders, in the General tab under Privacy, check the option Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
- To hide frequent folders, In the General tab under Privacy, uncheck the option Show frequently used folders in Quick access.