Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to create a shortcut on your desktop which you can use to access Battery Saver settings anytime.
To fix various Windows 10/11 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10/11 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 23,167 readers.
Battery Saver mode
Battery Saver mode in Windows 10 allows you to save your laptops battery automatically by limiting the number of background activities and managing various hardware adjustments.
This usually means that performance of your computer will decrease and you can also manually turn it off if you wish to experience the full performance of your computer.
How to create a shortcut to access Battery saver settings in Windows 10:
- Right click anywhere on the empty area in your desktop, click on New and Shortcut.
- In the window that pops up, type in the target location box
- Type in name for your shortcut as BatterySaver or anything which you may like. Click Finish to create the shortcut.
You can use this shortcut as it is, however, if you want to assign an icon to it, follow these steps:
- Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
- Click Change Icon.
- Select the icon from the list of icons displayed or browse the file System32\taskbarcpl.dll and select an icon.
For quick access you can pin the shortcut to taskbar, add it to quick launch or assign a keyboard shortcut to it.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]