Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to manage settings for Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10.
Just like any other mechanical device, your computer also needs regular maintenance in order to function smoothly.
In Windows you can either run system utilities like Windows update, scans, antivirus updates, system diagnosis, etc. manually or you can let Automatic Maintenance feature do it for you when you are not attending to your computer.
The goal of this feature is to simply help the third party developers maintain the Windows without affecting the performance of the computer.
How to change Automatic Maintenance setting in Windows 10:
- Open the Control Panel (Icons view) and click on the Security and Maintenance icon
- In Security and Maintenance, expand Maintenance, and click on the Change maintenance settings link under Automatic Maintenance.
- Select the time that you would like to have Automatic Maintenance run daily at.
- If you want Automatic Maintenance to wake up the computer at scheduled time, select allow (check) else not allow (uncheck) Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time.
- When finished, click on Ok.