Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This tutorial will show you how to apply Local Group Policies to specific User or Group in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Follow the below mentioned steps to create the policy for a specific user or group in Windows 10:
- Press Windows + R keys and type mmc.exe to access MMC (Microsoft Management Console) Console window.
- From Menu option click on File and then Add/Remove Snap-in.
- From the left-pane select Group Policy Object Editor, and click on the Add button.
- In the Select Group Policy Object dialog box click Browse.
- Click on User tab and then select the User or Group for which you want to create policy for.
- Click Finish and then Ok.
- From Menu option click on File and then Save As.
- Type the name for the file and click Save button to save the file.
- Whenever you open this MSC file, you will be able to apply group policies to only the specific user or group for which the policy was created for.
Note: the above steps will also work in Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 as well.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]