Welcome to our series of tutorials on the Microsoft Windows 10 that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
In this tutorial you will learn how to reset the password of your local Windows 10 account.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
If you have forgotten your password and you have a password reset drive, you can reset your password:
- If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click Ok to close the message.
- Click Reset password, and then insert your password reset drive.
- Follow the steps in the Password Reset wizard to create a new password.
- Log on with the new password.
Quick and easy way to change the password is:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
- Type in your current password in Old password text box
- Type in your new password in New password and Confirm password text box and press Enter
Using Setting option to change the password:
- Open Settings and click Accounts
- From the option on left hand side, select Sign-in options
- Click Change button under Password
- Type in your current password and click Next to proceed
- Type in your new password in New password and Reenter password text box
- Type in password hint and press Next
Note: If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]