Welcome to our series of tutorials on the upcoming Microsoft Windows 10.
In our earlier tutorial we had discussed various steps of booting the computer into Advanced Startup Options. Using this tutorial you create a shortcut on your desktop which you can use any time to restart Windows 10 and boot directly to Advanced Startup Options.
How to create a shortcut to boot into Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10:
- Right click anywhere on the empty area in your desktop, click on New and Shortcut.
- In the window that pops up, type in the target location box
%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- Type in name for your shortcut as RebootAdvanced or anything which you may like. Click Finish to create the shortcut.
You can use this shortcut as it is, however, if you want to assign an icon to it, follow these steps:
- Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
- Click Change Icon.
- Select the icon from the list of icons displayed or browse for file bootux.dll in System32 folder to set icon for this shortcut.
For quick access you can pin the shortcut to taskbar, add it to quick launch or assign a keyboard shortcut to it.