Welcome to our series of tutorials on the upcoming Windows 10.
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a USB recovery drive in Windows 10.
A recovery drive will help you boot into advanced start-up options just in case your Windows stops booting up.
Using the advanced start-up options you can troubleshoot your problem. Windows 10 includes an in-built tool to create a USB recovery drive.
Note: Your USB drive will be formatted and all your data will be erased. Either use a blank USB drive or backup your data before using the drive for this purpose.
To create a USB recovery drive:
- Open Search box type Recovery and from Settings lists, select Create a Recovery Drive or
- Open Control Panel and select Recovery option. Now click Create Recovery Drive.
- Click Yes if prompted to allow the program to make changes to this computer
- Click Next to proceed
- If you haven’t inserted the USB drive you will be prompted to do so
- Select the drive you want to use and click Next to proceed
- When process is finished you have your recovery disk ready