Welcome to our series of tutorials on the Microsoft Windows 10 that help you understand the features of the upcoming Windows 10.
This particular tutorial will help you access and unleash the functionality of the Task Manager in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
What is Task Manager?
Task Manager helps you monitor and control the performance of your computer.
It provides the real-time monitoring of the computer processes, programs, and services running on your computer.
For instance, if you are using Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint, you will find it in the Task Manager along with the resources (memory) they are using.
It also shows you programs that have stopped responding. You can also close a program (force quit a program) that has stopped responding in the Task Manager.
Ways to open Task Manager in Windows 10
- Press CTRL+ALT+ DEL simultaneously and then select Task Manager
- Press CTRL+ SHIFT+ ESC simultaneously
- Press Win+ X to pull Power Users menu and then select Task Manager
- Right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Type “task manager” in Cortana and from the search result select Task Manager
- If you are on Start Screen, then start typing “task manager” and from the search result select Task Manager
If you are logged in as administrator you will not be prompted by UAC.
As a normal user if you are prompted by UAC, simply press Yes to continue.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]