Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to use BitLocker drive encryption in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
BitLocker encrypts the hard drives on your computer to provide enhanced protection against data theft or exposure on computers and removable drives that are lost or stolen.
It also provides more secure data deletion when BitLocker-protected computers are decommissioned as it is much more difficult to recover deleted data from an encrypted drive than from a non-encrypted drive.
BitLocker Drive Encryption in Windows 10:
- Open File Explorer and click on This PC option.
- Right click on the drive you want to encrypt and select Turn on Bitlocker.
- Enter the password which you want to set for unlocking the drive.
- Choose how you want to backup the recovery key. The recovery key can be used to unlock the drive if you have forgotten the password.
- Choose drive space to encrypt from Encrypt used disk space only (for new PCs and drives) and Encrypt entire drive (for drives already in use).
- Click Next button to continue.
- Click Start encrypting to start the encryption process.
- Restart the computer once completed.
Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to perform a system restore.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]