Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional.
Microsoft Windows 10 come in 7 editions and based on your requirements you can either continue using your current edition or you can upgrade to another edition to make use of the additional features it offers.
Windows 10 Home editions is the basic Windows 10 offering and is best suited for average home usage on laptops, tablets and desktops. Windows 10 Pro edition offers additional features which according to Microsoft “meet the needs of small businesses” like enhanced security and support for CYOD (choose your own device).
Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Update & security option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Activation.
- If you have the product key for Windows 10 Pro edition, in the right side panel click on the Change product key button.
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to continue.
- Enter the product key and click Start upgrade button.
- Windows will now download new files and upgrade your version from Home to Pro.
- If you do not have the product key, Go to Microsoft Store and purchase Windows 10 Pro. Once you have the product key go back to step 3.
Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to perform a system restore.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]