Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to change timezone in Windows 10.
A time zone is a region which observes uniform standard time for legal, commercial and social purposes. Usually each country will have one timezone which is followed across all territories.
However, for large countries like USA, Russia etc. its difficult to have same timezone across all regions. Hence they divide the country into multiple time zones.
The time which is displayed on your system depends on the timezone you have selected. You can change the timezone to change your system time to reflect the current time in that timezone. Here’s how:
How to Change Timezone Using Settings app in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Time & Language option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Date & time.
- On the right side panel under Time zone, select the timezone from the drop down list.
- To turn automatic daylight saving setting, push the toggle to right underneath Adjust for daylight saving time automatically.
How to Change Timezone From Control Panel in Windows 10:
- Open Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Date and Time option.
- Click on the Change time zone button.
- Select the timezone from the drop down list.
- To turn automatic daylight saving setting, check the box next to Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time.
- Click Ok to finish.