Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to exclude files from Windows Defender in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10/11 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10/11 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 23,167 readers.
Windows Defender as the name suggest is an antispyware that also helps defend your computer against by removing viruses, spyware and other malicious software. Windows Defender is built into Windows 10 and is updated regularly by Microsoft using Windows Updates.
Windows Defender will keep on working in background and will notify you when it requires your action. You can also manually run a scan of your system. If you do not want Windows Defender to scan a file, folder, file types or a process, you can add exclusions for them in Windows Defender. Here’s how:
Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusion:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Update & security option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Windows Defender.
- In the right side panel click on the Add an exclusion link underneath Exclusions.
- To exclude a file, click on the Exclude a file under Files and browse for the file.
- To exclude a folder, click on the Exclude a file location under File locations and browse for the folder.
- To exclude a file type, click on the Exclude a file extension under File types and enter the file extension.
- To exclude a process, click on the Exclude a .exe, .com, .scr process under Processes and browse for .exe, .com, .scr file.
- To remove any exclusion, click on the added exclusion and then click on the Remove button. Click Ok to confirm.