Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a fingerprint for your account in Windows 10.
Microsoft is changing the way you will access your account with Windows 10. Windows 10 has introduced the new feature Windows Hello, a biometric authentication system designed to secure your device by using your fingerprint, facial or retina scan. Not only can you sign in to your account, you can also secure purchase apps on Store by using your fingerprint.
Fingerprint scanning is currently available on some of the modern laptops. Windows Hello uses special hardware and software for facial and retina scanning and therefore is limited by number of devices which support this feature of Windows 10 right now.
If your system does not meet hardware requirement for Windows Hello, you will not find this option in your computer settings.
Add or Remove a Fingerprint for Your Account:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Sign-in options.
- In the right side panel click on the Set up button underneath Fingerprint.
- Click Get started to continue.
- Enter your PIN for verification.
- Scan your finger by following the on screen instructions. Your finger will be scanned multiple times and at various angles to save best impression of it.
- Click Close button to finish the setup or Add another button to add another fingerprint scan.
- To remove a fingerprint, click on the Close button underneath Fingerprint in Sign-in options.