Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to edit the feedback frequency settings in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Microsoft uses feedback feature in Windows 10 to get feedback of various features when you use them in real time. For example, when you first install a new display language, Windows may ask you for a feedback on how easy it was to install the language on scale of 1 to 5 and if you have any comments to add.
You can control the feedback frequency to choose how often you’d like to be asked for your feedback as you use Windows 10. The feedback frequency is set to automatic by default and you can change the setting to Once a day, week, month or never.
Apart from asking for feedbacks, Windows 10 will also collect performance and usage data to improve its product and services. It has three options:
Basic: information that is vital to the operation of Windows.
Enhanced: basic information plus the data on how you use Windows like which apps you use most or which features you use most often.
Full: includes basic and enhanced data along with system data such as memory dumps, error logs etc.
How to Edit Feedback Frequency Settings:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Privacy option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Feedback & diagnostics.
- To change the feedback frequency, on the right side panel select from the drop down list under Windows should ask for my feedback.
- To change the diagnostics and usage data setting, on the right side panel select from the drop down list under Send your device data to Microsoft.