Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to activate Windows 10 over the Internet.
When you install or upgrade Windows, you must activate it under 30 days using the product key you received with your copy of Windows or computer system you bought. Activation helps verify that the Windows on your computer is genuine and that you will continue to receive product support and upgrades.
Activate Windows 10 Over Internet When Upgrading From Previous Version:
- Windows 10 is offered as a free upgrade to users of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- When you upgrade your copy of Windows you will not be required to activate Windows 10.
Activate Windows 10 Over Internet When Clean Installed:
- Enter the product key when prompted during the installation process. Windows will be activated for you when setup is finished if the product key is valid.
- If you skipped entering product key during installation, open Settings app and click on Update & security option.
- From the options on the left side, click on Activation.
- In right side panel, click Enter key button under Enter a new product key.
- Click Yes if prompted by UAC.
- Enter your product key and press Next to continue.