Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to turn On or Off SmartScreen filter in Microsoft Edge.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Windows 10 SmartScreen will keep your computer safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps for malicious code and potentially unsafe web content. This is an extension of the SmartScreen filter available in the Microsoft Edge browser.
SmartScreen filter in Microsoft Edge will prevent you from downloading and installing harmful software and apps and also warn you about websites which are not trusted.
How to Turn On or Off SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge app.
- Click on the More actions button in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down the settings and click on View advanced settings button.
- Under Help protect me from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter option, turn the toggle right to turn On the setting.
- Turn the toggle to left to turn Off the setting.