Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to create a new library in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Libraries allow you to browse folders that are stored in different locations and drives in one place.
By default Windows 10 has inbuilt libraries for Documents, Videos, Music, Pictures etc. Windows 10 allows you to create your own library and include the folder as per your requirement.
How to Create a New Library in Windows 10:
(1) Open File Explorer by right-clicking on Windows icon and then selecting File Explorer.
(2) Right-click on the left panel. Select Show libraries.
(3) Click on Libraries.
(4) Click on the Home tab in the ribbon.
(5) Click on the New item button and then click on Library.
(6) Alternatively, right-click on an empty area on the right side panel and from New option select Library.
(7) Type the name of the new Library and open it to start adding folders.
(8) You can also create a new Library by right-clicking on the folder name in File Explorer and from the option Include in library select Create new library.
2 thoughts on “How to Create a New Library in Windows 10?”
I accidently listed file folders twice in my library. How do you remove one so only one remains?
Assuming that you’re just deleting unnecessary copies, you can hold down the left CTRL button on your keyboard, select the folders which you want to get rid off with your mouse while still holding down CTRL, and after you’re done selecting you can go ahead and delete them. Right click on any of these folders, and click on “delete”.