Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to optimize drives in Windows 10.
Optimize drive, earlier called disk defragmenter, is a tool which will rearrange the data on disk drive to make your computer run more efficiently.
By default your computer will optimize drives in background using automatic maintenance feature. You can however, optimize your drives manually as well.
How to Optimize Drives in Windows 10:
- Open File Explorer and from the left panel click on This PC.
- Click on the Drive you want to optimize and then click on the Manage tab in the ribbon.
- Click on the Optimize button.
- Alternatively, right click on the drive and click on Properties.
- Click on the Tools tab and then click on the Optimize tab.
- Select the drive you want to optimize and click on Analyze button to check if it needs to be optimized.
- Select the drive you want to optimize and click on Optimize button.