Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to view downloaded files in Microsoft Edge.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Whenever you download any file it will be visible in Download list. By default Microsoft Edge will save all your downloads to C:\<user profile>\Downloads folder.
Note: On January 15, 2020, Microsoft has released a new version of the Edge Browser based on Chromium. The following tutorial is for the latest Edge Browser. However, if you are still using the old Edge, the tutorial for that is also available at the end of this guide.
View Downloaded Files in Latest Microsoft Edge based on Chromium:
- Open the new Microsoft Edge
- If you have downloaded any file look at the bottom of the webpage for that file.
- Click on the three dots next to the downloaded file
- Now click on Show in Folder, to open the folder where your file got downloaded.
- Alternatively, press Ctrl+J on your keyboard to open the Download tab.
- Here you will find all the downloaded files, with the latest downloaded files first.
- You will find the option of Show in Folder, that will take you to the folder where your file got downloaded.
View Downloaded Files in the old version of Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge app.
- If you have downloaded a file, scroll to bottom of the webpage and click on the View Downloads button.
- To view recently downloaded files click on the Hub button and then click on the Downloads tab.
- Alternatively, use Ctrl + J keys combination.
- All the past downloads are visible in the downloads list.
- To access all downloaded files, click on the Open folder link to open the Download folder.
- You can clear the download history by pressing the x button next to each file or by simply clicking Clear all.
Note: Clearing the download file from the list will not delete the file from the actual download folder.[thrive_2step id=’39736′][/thrive_2step]
6 thoughts on “How to View Downloaded Files in Microsoft Edge”
I opened a word document and made changes and hit save. It said saving to PC, but now has disappeared. Help
A long way, you can finish step by step, and then you can’t reach without a foot
I am william Bowles Sr i had an account bowle (at) msn.com for 13years and i had an email list of over 70 people a few weeks ago i lost my router it died and i had to replace it with a new one when it was installed by my techie i tried to get back in to bowle at msn.com which had a list of over 70 contacts my old account of thirteen years
I don’t like the new Edge browser. My downloads go to a place I don’t want and it takes more steps to get them to where I want them. Somebody fucked up this browser.