Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to change default search engine in Microsoft Edge.
Just like Internet Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft Edge browser also uses Bing as its default search engine. For some users this may not be a big deal, but most users prefer to use Google as the default search engine.
Microsoft Edge browser allows you to change the default search engines if it supports OpenSearch. Google supports OpenSearch now.
How to Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge app.
- Open the homepage of the search engine you want to set as default in Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Star button next to URL to add it to Favorites.
- Click on the More actions button in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down the settings and click on View advanced settings button.
- Open the list under Search in the address bar with and click <Add new>.
- Select the search provider from the list and click Add as default button.