Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to add a family member in Windows 10.
You can create multiple user accounts in your computer and each user will be able to personalize their account according to their settings and preferences.
User account also help you control which users are allowed to make changes to the computer and which user will have access to certain features.
Windows 10 allows you to add your family members (child or adult) under Microsoft Family and these family members can then sign in with their Microsoft account to log in to their accounts.
Adults manage the child accounts under Microsoft Family and can control the access child account has for features, services and apps.
How to Add a Family Member in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Family & other users.
- On the right side panel under Your Family click on Add a family member.
- If prompted enter your account password/PIN and Sign in to continue.
- Check the radio button next to Add a Child or Add an Adult.
- Enter email address of the family member and click Next to proceed.
- Click Confirm to proceed.
- Your family member will receive an email from Microsoft inviting them to be a part of your Microsoft Family.
- Once the family member has followed instruction in the email to join the family, the account will be listed under Your Family in Settings.