Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to switch to a Microsoft account from your local account in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
If you have setup a local account and now want to switch to your Microsoft account to enjoy additional benefits associated with it, please follow these steps described below:
How to Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Your account.
- On the right side panel click on the Sign in with a Microsoft account instead link.
- Type in your email address and password, click Sign in button to proceed.
- If you do not have a Microsoft account or want to use a new one, click the link No Account> Create One! and follow on-screen instructions to setup a new email address.
- Type in your current local account password and click Next to proceed.
- Now you will be presented with an option to set up PIN instead of password, click Skip this step link to switch to your Microsoft account.
- If you want to use a PIN instead of password, click on Set a Pin button and follow instructions as shown here to set up a PIN.