Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to change the lock screen background in Windows 10.
The lock feature in Windows 10 will let you to lock your computer without the need to signing out of the user account.
The lock screen is the screen you see when you have locked your computer or when you have not signed up for a minute after Windows startup.
Windows 10 has three options available as lock screen background:
- Windows spotlight: this feature will show personalized images based on your browsing history. Not only will it show you images from Bing, but also images of Windows devices running certain apps.
- Picture: this feature will let you choose a single image as your lock screen.
- Slideshow: this feature will let you choose slideshow of the images from a folders as your lock screen.
How to Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Personalization option.
- From the links on the left hand side, click on Lock screen
- On the right side panel, under Background select Windows spotlight from drop down list to set Windows spotlight as lock screen background.
- If you want to set an image you like as lock screen background, select Picture from drop down list.
- You can choose image from the five images shown or Browse for the image you want to set as lock screen background.
- If you want to set slideshow as lock screen background, select Slideshow from drop down list.
- To add a folder that contains images you want to use for your slideshow, click on Add a folder and navigate to and select the folder you want to use.
- Customize the slideshow further by clicking the Advanced slideshow settings link.