Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to setup a new local account in Windows 10.
To fix various Windows 10/11 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10/11 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 23,167 readers.
In Windows 10 by default you get the option of creating a Microsoft Account. You can create a Local Account by following the steps described below:
How to Setup a New Local Account Using Setting App in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Family & other users.
- On the right side panel click on the Add someone else on this PC button.
- Click on The person I want to add doesn’t have an email address link.
- Click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account link.
- Enter the username, password and hint question for the new account.
- Click Next to finish.
How to Setup a New Local Account From Control Panel in Windows 10:
- Open Control Panel (small icons view), and click on the User accounts option.
- Click on the Manage another account link.
- Click on the Add a new user in PC settings link and you will be redirected to step 3 in above method.