Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to setup a new local account in Windows 10.
In Windows 10 by default you get the option of creating a Microsoft Account. You can create a Local Account by following the steps described below:
How to Setup a New Local Account Using Setting App in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Family & other users.
- On the right side panel click on the Add someone else on this PC button.
- Click on The person I want to add doesn’t have an email address link.
- Click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account link.
- Enter the username, password and hint question for the new account.
- Click Next to finish.
How to Setup a New Local Account From Control Panel in Windows 10:
- Open Control Panel (small icons view), and click on the User accounts option.
- Click on the Manage another account link.
- Click on the Add a new user in PC settings link and you will be redirected to step 3 in above method.