On this page, we will share the information we have on the latest Broadcom Crystal Drivers for Windows 10.
The link given below points to the official driver repository where you have to select your device and download the drivers.[thrive_link color=’blue’ link=’https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search’ target=’_blank’ size=’small’ align=’aligncenter’]Download Crystal Drivers[/thrive_link]
About Crystal HD
Crystal HD is the Broadcom’s hardware SIP core that performs video decoding.
Crystal HD has been available as single chip high-definition advanced media processors BCM70012 and BCM70015; these chips are found on mini PCIe cards for purchase.
The BCM970012 supports hardware decoding of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1, WMV9 and MPEG-2 and the BCM970015 additionally supports DivX 3.11, 4.1, 5.X, 6.X and Xvid. VP8, Daala and HEVC are not supported.
Broadcom Crystal HD is found in a couple of products, such as the Dell Inspiron, HP Slate 500 or ExoPC, ASUS Eee Keyboard.[thrive_2step id=’39733′][/thrive_2step]
How to scan for missing Crystal Windows 10 Drivers and optimize your system performance!
So usually the best way to handle hardware issues and install Crystal drivers is through the Device Manager.
Let’s walk through the steps.
- Open the Control Panel in Windows 10 by pressing the Winkey + X at the same time. Winkey is the Windows key on your keyboard. The Power User Menu will pop up.
- Select the Control Panel option from here.
- If you can’t see all the different options in the panel, then change the view to Small icons, and all options will be displayed.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand the categories in the Device Manager and locate the device you want to update the driver for.
- A windows will pop-up with two choices. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Browse and then select the location of the downloaded driver file. You can also copy and paste the location of the downloaded driver files into the location address bar.
- Hit Next and Windows 10 will try and automatically find the associate driver and install it.
Now a computer restart is usually not needed, but if it is necessary, do a reboot and your drive will be installed, and the hardware ready to use.
Other options for installing Windows 10 Crystal HD drivers
If that doesn’t work, it’s time to look for other solutions online.
Look through the forums, questions and Google and see if you can find a solution.
Third Party Driver Software
If all of the above doesn’t work for you, you should use a third party software solution.
We recommend Driver Reviver.
Why use Driver Reviver?
Considering all of the individual components on your PC, not to mention external devices such as printers, scanners, web cams, Hard Drives and more, keeping abreast of all the latest Drivers can not only be a time consuming and tedious task, but also one that can be terribly confusing.
Driver Reviver solves this problem by allowing you to scan all of your hardware to identify the current Driver that is installed on your system, and determines if it is the most up-to-date version.
Once the required updates are identified, Driver Reviver then allows you to quickly and easily download and install all these updates from one central location.
Driver Reviver ensures you are getting the maximum performance from your PC, its components and its software.