When we talk about Windows 10, it is hard to miss Cortana. It is the AI voice assistant for Windows to help you with your tasks.
Most interestingly, there are some really useful and fun commands to play with Cortana. That said, it is essential to know the basic and advanced commands for effectively using the AI service.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
However, it can challenging to test and analyze the commands manually.
Therefore, we created this quick guide for you to start your experience with Cortana effortlessly.
Windows 10 Cortana Commands
If you are not using the Windows voice assistant Cortana, then you are missing a great tool to magnify your Windows 10 work efficiency. Here are top Cortana Commands categorized according to their use.
But before using the commands, you have to get the attention of Cortana. For that, the voice command is “Hey! Cortana.” So, first, enable Hey! Cortana on your system if it is disabled currently.
How to enable Hey Cortana command?
Use the following steps to enable “Hey Cortana” voice command:
- Click the Start Menu, or press windows key.
- Click on the gear icon to open Settings.
- Then, select Cortana from the grid of tools.
- Toggle switch to “On” for Let Cortana respond to “Hey Cortana.”
Basic Commands for Cortana
- Launch a program. For example: “Launch Spotify.” or “Launch YouTube”. These are direct Cortana Spotify or Cortana YouTube Commands to launch the respective apps. The same can be used to launch other apps too.
- Open a website. For example: “Open windowschimp.com”. This command would open the windowschimp.com in the default web browser.
- Read top headlines.
- Make a Call. For example: “Call Paul.”
- Draft a text message to any contact. For example: “Write a message to Paul saying meeting at 11 AM.”
- Draft an email to any contact. For example: “Write an email to Paul saying meeting at 11 AM.”
- Open mail or text message from any contact. For example: “Open mail from Paul.”
- Ask for the weather forecast. For example: “What would be the temperature after two days?”
- Ask for the meaning of a word. For example: “What is the meaning of ‘bombarding’?”
- Perform the calculations. For example: “What is 25 times 15?”
- Perform the conversions. For example: “What is 2.5 Kilogram in grams?”
Schedule or Reminders Commands for Cortana
- Get a look at your schedule. For example: “What do I have tomorrow?”
- Add an appointment. For example: “Add a dentist appointment on Friday, 6 PM.”
- Move an appointment. For example: “Move the dentist appointment to Thursday, 6 PM.”
- Ask about the holidays. For example: “On which day is Christmas?”
- Add a reminder about anything. For example: “Remind me to call Paul at 11 AM” or “Remind me to buy eggs this evening at 6.”
- Set the alarm. For example: “Wake me up at 7 AM tomorrow.” or “Set an alarm for 7 AM.”
Settings Cortana Commands
- Enable/disable WiFi
- Enable/disable Turn Bluetooth
- Enable/disable Turn Airplane mode
Search Commands for Cortana
- Find anything from your system hard disk like Photos, Files, Folder, Documents, etc. For example: “Find a document named File.txt.”
- You can also search for items from a specific time frame. For example: “Find My Music folder from April 2019” or “Find word files from yesterday.”
- Search for information about public figures, places, companies, facts, etc. For example: “Who is the Prime Minister of Canada?” or “Where is Birmingham Palace?”
Windows 10 Cortana Navigation Commands
- Show direction to a place. For example: “Show me direction to Birmingham Palace.”
- Where am I?
- How is the traffic?
- How much time would it take to reach Birmingham Palace from my current location?
- Show me the map of the USA.
Entertainment Commands for Cortona
- Find the rating of a movie. For example: “What is the IMDB rating of The Fault in our Stars?”
- Find the run-time of a film. For example: “How long is The Fault in our Stars?”
- Look for the match score. For example: “What is the scoreline of United vs City soccer match?”
- Pause of Skip a song in a music player
- Check which song is playing. For example: “What is this song?”
Fun, Random Cortona Commands
- Tell me a joke
- Tell me a random fact
- What do you think of Google?
- Are you friends with Siri?
- Who is better, you or Siri?
- Surprise me!
- Roll a dice
- Flip a coin
- Sing me a song
- Who is your father?
- Rock, paper, scissors
2 thoughts on “Latest Windows 10 Cortana Commands for Beginners”
Anticipating the use of Cortana.
More updates. That is what wee need, at least until a final Microsoft has in store of us!