There was a time when the touchscreen technology was considered to be an expensive one. From the days, we saw it very rarely, featured in ultra-high-end gadgets, it’s now become a basic need in any computing device.
Accordingly, it’s been quite a long while, since the touchscreen feature was added to laptops and desktops. Then again, it was told that it was an unnecessary move for this kind of devices. But, there are numerous such devices, carrying this feature today, specifically after the emergence of Windows 8.1.
To fix various Windows 10/11 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10/11 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 23,167 readers.
The Windows 10 is no different from its predecessor, in putting an extensive usage of the touchscreen feature. But sometimes, the user might want to turn it off, due to various reasons. If you want to turn-off touchscreen in Windows 10, then here are the easy methods to do it. We can do this, using the Device Manager.
Turn Off Touchscreen in Windows 10
The following steps will help you turn-off touchscreen in Windows 10 using the Device Manager.
- Press the combination of Windows+ R from the keyboard. This will open the Run
- Here, type devmgmt.msc in the Open field and hit Enter.
- Now the Device Manager window would have been opened.
- Here, search for the Human Interface Devices. Now click on the right arrow beside it, to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen. A list menu will appear, where you’ll have to select ‘Disable’.
- Now, you will receive a warning dialogue box on your screen, which will request you to confirm your decision. Select Yes to confirm your decision. After selecting yes, your touchscreen functionality will be turned off immediately.
In future, if you want to enable the touchscreen functionality back, you may follow the same process to access it. Thus, the methods to turn-off touchscreen in Windows 10 is easy and simple, through the use of the Device Manager.
He is Windows enthusiast and experienced content writer. Apart from writing, Pradeep has involved in SEO projects for many International businesses ranging from online startups to some of the popular world wide blogs.