Obviously, Microsoft provides so many features to have their Windows users comfortable. The Sticky Notes is one very useful feature among them, where you can take notes or create a reminder note right on the desktop. Well, it’s needless to explain what’s a Sticky Note is; because there are already millions of people using it every month. But what is the actual location of Sticky Notes in Windows 10? Read on, we’ll get you there.
How to Evoke Sticky Notes?
It is very easy to create a Sticky Note on your Windows 10 PC. If you haven’t tried it yet, don’t hesitate to go ahead now. It won’t take much time to create your first Sticky Note. There are so many ways to launch this feature, in which two of them are discussed below. Select the one that suits you well.
- Click on the Start button, look for the Sticky Notes and click on it; or simply type “Sticky Notes” in the search area in the Taskbar.
- You can also have Cortana, to search for the Sticky Notes, by saying “Hey Cortana. Launch Sticky Notes”. Once either of them is carried out, you can see the Sticky Notes home window appearing on your screen. Click on the “+” icon to create a new sticky note.
- Here, you can find a ‘+’ option, provided in the upper-left corner of the Note to create another Sticky Note. The ‘X’ in the upper-right corner will close the note, you can open it again from the main window.
- You can delete a note by hovering your mouse and click on the trash icon on the main window.
Another great thing about it is the power of Cortana. Yes, using Cortana, you can create a reminder for the Note you create on a particular date.
Saved Location of Sticky Notes in Windows 10
The contents of the Sticky Note are periodically saved to your computer. They are stored on a special AppData folder that is hidden deep inside the C: drive. To access it, you must first enable visibility of hidden files. To do this:
- Open This PC, get to the View menu and check the Hidden Items option in the Show/hide section.
- Now, in your Windows Explorer, navigate to the address below, replace User Name with yours.
- In this folder, you can find eight folders like AC, AppData, LocalCache, etc. Your Sticky Notes contents are saved right in this folder.
How to Backup and Restore the Sticky Notes?
You can very well have your Sticky Notes and their contents restored to any other computer, or even on your own computer after an OS reinstall or after repairing a crashed system. To have a backup of your Sticky Notes, you can copy and paste all these eight folders to secondary storage.
Note:- Microsoft sync your sticky notes to the cloud, so when you restore the deleted sticky notes from the backup, it will be deleted as it was synced. In order to take backup you should disable the sync feature first.
You will have to keep updating your backup frequently, in order to restore the latest changes. To restore, you can just get into the said file location and replace all these folders, with the ones you have as a backup.
He is Windows enthusiast and experienced content writer. Apart from writing, Pradeep has involved in SEO projects for many International businesses ranging from online startups to some of the popular world wide blogs.