Do you know how to backup an Android phone to a PC? If not, don’t worry – we’re here to help!
There are a lot of things to worry about in life, but your smartphone data shouldn’t be one of them. In this guide, we will show you how to backup an Android phone to a PC with ease.
This process can be completed in just a few minutes, and it will ensure that your data is safe and secure. Whether you are upgrading your phone or just want to have a copy of your data in case something happens, this guide is for you!
Why is it important to Backup an Android Phone?
Backing up your Android phone is important for a number of reasons.
- First, it gives you peace of mind knowing that your data is safe and secure.
- Second, if you ever lose your phone or have it stolen, you will have a backup of all your data.
- If you are ever planning on selling your phone, you will want to backup your data first so that you can wipe the phone clean.
- Also, if you are ever going to factory reset your phone due to some reason, you will want to backup your data first so that you can restore it later.
- If you are a geek who likes to perform experiments on your Android phone, like installing a customized OS, you need to regularly keep a backup to secure your data.
- Lastly, if you work in a profession where you regularly deal with sensitive data, like healthcare or law, it is important to keep a backup of your data in case something happens to your phone.
There are many reasons why backing up your Android phone is important, but these are just some of the most common ones.
How to Backup Android Phone to PC?
Now that we’ve gone over why backing up your phone is important, let’s talk about how to do it.
You can follow these approaches for that:
- Backup manually by Copying and Pasting the selective files/folders from the Android phone to the PC using a USB Cable.
- Use a dedicated application to perform a full backup including Contacts, Call Logs, Text Messages, and Apps.
- Backup using the Manufacturer’s PC Suite
We’ll list the steps for using both methods below.
Backup Manually using a USB Cable
This is the most basic method of backing up your Android phone.
You can use a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC, then open File Explorer and copy the files/folders you want to backup.
The downside of this method is that it is very time-consuming, as you will need to manually select the files you want to backup.
It is also not a complete backup, as it does not include things like your contacts, text messages, or call logs.
Nevertheless, if you just want to backup some files quickly, this method will work fine.
Follow these to backup your Android Phone to your PC via USB:
- On your Android phone, navigate to the Settings -> System -> Developer options.
- If you don’t see Developer options, go to Settings -> System -> About Phone and tap the build number seven times.
- Under the Developer options, scroll down and look for the USB debugging option. Toggle the button to enable it, if it is not already enabled.
- Now, use the USB cable that you use for charging your phone to connect it with the PC.
- Check your phone notification, and tap on the USB settings item for more options.
- Under the Use USB to setting, select the Transfer files option.
- Now, check your Windows PC File Explorer and you will see that your Android phone is listed under Devices and drives, allowing you to copy and paste the data from or to it.
- Open your phone drive and take a backup of your whole phone or selective files or folders.
Perform a Full Android Phone Backup using Dedicated App
The manual method we talked about above is not very convenient, as it is time-consuming and does not create a complete backup of your phone.
A much better solution is to use a dedicated Android backup app, which will create a full backup of your phone including your contacts, text messages, call logs, and apps.
There are many Android backup apps available, but we recommend using Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android) for the best results.
This app is very easy to use, and it will create a complete backup of your phone within minutes.
Plus, you can use it to restore your backup to any Android phone, which is very handy if you ever need to factory reset your phone or switch to a new one.
Follow these steps to backup your Android phone using Dr.Fone:
- First, download the Dr.Fone app on your PC from its official site.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup file to install it.
- Connect your Android phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Launch the app and click on the Phone Backup option.
- Next, click on the Backup button. If the USB debugging is enabled, the connection will start immediately.
- Let the app connect your PC to your Phone.
- After the connection is established, select what you want to backup and then click on the Backup button at the bottom right.
- The app will start backing up your data. Depending upon the amount and size this might take some time.
- Select View Backup History or Open Backup Location after the backup is finished. Your backup is now completely finished and can be restored whenever you need it.
Backup Android to PC using the Manufacturer’s PC Suite
Many Android phone manufacturers provide a dedicated PC suite for their phones.
These suites allow you to backup and restore your phone data, as well as perform other tasks like managing your contacts, text messages, and call logs.
If you have a Samsung phone, you can use the Kies app to backup your phone data. Similarly, Huawei phones can be backed up using the Huawei Hisuite app.
You can usually find these apps on the manufacturer’s official website.
Other Backup Manager
Apart from Dr. Fone – Phone Backup (Android), there is few other Android backup manager software are available in the market.
You can use any of these to take a complete backup of your phone data:
There are many ways to backup your Android phone data. The most convenient way is to use a dedicated Android backup app, such as Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android). This app will create a complete backup of your phone within minutes. If you don’t want to use an app, you can also use the manufacturer’s PC suite or any other backup manager software.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to backup your Android phone data. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below.
If you don’t have a USB cable, you can use WiFi to connect your Android phone to your PC and backup your data.
Yes, you can use a USB OTG cable to connect your Android phone to your PC and backup your data.
Yes, you can backup your Android phone data using Google Drive. For that, you need to sign in with your Google account on your phone and turn on the Backup option.
Peter is an Electrical Engineer whose primary interest is tinkering with his computer. He is passionate about Windows 10 Platform and enjoys writing tips and tutorials about it.