In today’s world, it is essential to have access to accurate and up-to-date weather information. The Windows Weather app is a valuable tool that provides users with weather updates and forecasts on their Windows devices. However, users may encounter various issues with the app, such as it needs to be fixed, updated, or displaying incorrect information.
In this regard, it is crucial to know how to troubleshoot these issues to ensure that the app functions properly and provides accurate weather information.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
In this blog, we will discuss several solutions to fix the Windows Weather app, such as resetting the app, clearing the Microsoft Store cache, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
What Is Windows Weather App Not Working Correctly?
Here are some common reasons why the Windows Weather app may not be functioning correctly on your PC:
- Faulty store app cache: If the Microsoft Store app cache is corrupted, it may cause issues with the Weather app. A quick fix for this is to reset the Windows Store app cache.
- Problems with the Weather app: The Weather app may encounter some issues that prevent it from working correctly. Running the built-in troubleshooter or resetting the app is a quick and effective solution.
Fix 1: Run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter
The Windows Store App troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows that helps diagnose and fix issues with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Running the troubleshooter will identify the cause of the problem and recommend fixes to get the app working again. It’s an effective tool for troubleshooting issues related to the Windows Weather app. The following recommendations should resolve the issue.
To fix the issue of the Windows Weather app not working on your PC, follow the steps below:
- Use the ‘Windows key + I’ key on your keyboard to start the Settings app.
- Select the Update & Security option from the Settings menu.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot option in the left pane.
- Next, click on Additional troubleshooters to reveal more options.
- Look for and select the Windows Store App troubleshooter.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button to start the diagnostic process.
- The troubleshooter will identify the problem and suggest appropriate fixes to resolve it.
Follow the recommended spots provided by the troubleshooter. Once you have completed the recommended fixes, check if the Windows Weather app is working again.
Fix 2: Reset the Weather App
Sometimes, changes you have made to the Windows Weather app may cause it to stop working. Fortunately, Windows 10 provides a built-in Reset option that allows you to restore the app’s default settings. Therefore, any changes or settings you have made will be erased by resetting the app, and the app will be restored to its original state. This often helps fix issues with the app and is helpful if you are experiencing problems with the Windows Weather app.
To restore the default settings of the Windows Weather app, follow the steps below:
- Press your keyboard’s ‘Windows key + I’ to open the Settings app.
- Select the Apps option from the Settings menu.
- Look for and select the Weather app from the list of installed apps.
- Click on Advanced options to reveal more options for the app.
- Scroll to the “Reset” section and click the Reset button.
- Wait for the process to complete, which may take a few moments.
Fix 3: Reset the Store Cache
When the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted, it can cause issues with the functioning of apps such as the Windows Weather app. Clearing the cache often helps fix these issues. The above steps involve using the “wsreset.exe” command to clear the cache. This command is a built-in tool in Windows that clears the cache and helps the Microsoft Store app to function correctly again. Once you have run the command and the process is complete, the Microsoft Store app should launch automatically. Any issues with the Windows Weather app and other apps should be resolved.
To fix issues with the Microsoft Store cache that might be causing problems with the Windows Weather app and other apps, follow the steps below:
- First, press the ‘Windows key + R’ on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “wsreset.exe” in the given text field and click the OK button.
- Wait for the command to finish running, which may take a few moments.
- Once the process is complete, the Microsoft Store app will automatically launch.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Weather App
Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Weather app can help resolve any issues you might be experiencing. When you uninstall the app, all its data and settings will be removed from your device. After uninstalling, you can reinstall the app. This will download a fresh copy of the app from the Microsoft Store app and install it on your device, potentially fixing any issues you were experiencing with the app.
To uninstall and reinstall the Windows Weather app, follow the steps below:
- First, tap the Windows key and right-click on the Weather app.
- Then click on the Uninstall option from the context menu.
- After it, click on the Uninstall button to confirm the action and remove the app from your device.
- Next, launch the Microsoft Store app and click on the menu button (three dots) in the screen’s top right corner.
- Then select My Library from the drop-down menu to view a list of all your previously downloaded apps.
- Next, look for the Windows Weather app in the list and click the Install button.
Troubleshooting issues with the Windows Weather app can often be done by following the simple steps listed in this guide. Whether the app is not working due to changes you’ve made, a corrupted Microsoft Store cache, or some other reason, the above solutions can help fix the issue. Resetting the app, clearing the Microsoft Store cache, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app are all effective ways to troubleshoot and resolve problems with the Windows Weather app.
The Weather app might not work due to changes you’ve made, a corrupted Microsoft Store cache, or some other reason. To troubleshoot and resolve the issue, try resetting the app, clearing the Microsoft Store cache, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Yes, the Windows Weather app comes pre-installed on Windows 10 devices. It can be found in the Start menu under the All Apps section.
Resetting the Windows Weather app is easy and can help resolve any issues you might be experiencing. To reset the app, go to Settings > Apps > Weather and select Advanced options. Then click the Reset button to reset the app and its settings to their default states.
Peter is an Electrical Engineer whose primary interest is tinkering with his computer. He is passionate about Windows 10 Platform and enjoys writing tips and tutorials about it.