Do you have a problem with your Windows voice recorder? If it’s not working, don’t worry – we’re here to help.
In this blog post, we will discuss some common causes of this problem and how to fix them. We will also provide some tips on how to get the most out of your Windows voice recorder. Keep reading for more information!
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
Why Is Windows 10 Voice Recorder Not Working?
There are a few different reasons why your Windows voice recorder might not be working.
- One common reason is that the audio drivers on your computer are outdated or corrupted.
- Another possibility is that the microphone you’re using is not compatible with the Windows voice recorder. If you’re using a built-in microphone, try plugging in an external one and see if that works.
- It’s also possible that the Windows voice recorder is not set as the default recording device.
- Recording device properties might be set to “mute” or the wrong recording device might be selected.
- The app might not be allowed to access the microphone in your privacy settings.
How to fix Windows Voice Recorder Not Working?
If your Windows voice recorder is not working, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem.
Enable the Recording Device
First, you need to make sure that the recording device is enabled. For that follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Switch to the System tab and select Sound Settings.
- Scroll down and click on More sound settings.
- Under Sound settings, switch to the Recording tab.
- Right-click on your microphone and select Enable from the options.
- Click Apply and OK.
Update Your Microphone Driver
If the recording device is already enabled, the next thing you need to do is update your microphone driver.
Updating your microphone driver can be done by following these steps:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- The Device Manager window will be opened, where you can see all the installed drivers.
- On the Device Manager window, expand the Audio inputs and outputs, right-click on your Microphone component, and select Update Driver from the list.
- On the next window, select the Search automatically for drivers option if you don’t have the latest drivers installer on your PC.
- If you want to update the drivers manually, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version. Save the downloaded drivers on your system hard disk.
- Select Browse my computer for drivers to update the driver manually.
- Restart the system
Run Microphone Troubleshooter
If you’re still having issues with your microphone, you can try running the Microphone Troubleshooter. This is a built-in tool that can help identify and fix problems with your microphone.
To run the Microphone Troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Switch to the System tab from the left and scroll down on the right to choose Troubleshoot.
- Next, select Other troubleshooters.
- Now click on the Run button next to Recording Audio.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
Restart the Audio Services
If you’re still having issues with your microphone, you can try restarting the audio services. This can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Services window by typing services.msc in the Run dialog box.
- Locate the Windows Audio service from the list of all services.
- Right-click on the Windows Audio service and select Restart.
Try a Different Recorder Application
There is an abundance of audio recording applications, and some operate differently from others. The fact that one of them isn’t functioning for you doesn’t imply that all of them won’t function, and the problem might be with the software rather than your PC.
If the Windows voice recorder is still not working, you can try using a different recording application. There are many different recording applications available, both free and paid.
Some popular recording applications include Audacity, Adobe Audition, and Garageband.
Clear Windows Store Cache
If you’re trying to use the Windows voice recorder app and it’s not working, you can try clearing the Windows Store cache. This can be done by following these steps:
If you are facing troubles while installing apps from Windows Store or if Windows Store has malfunctioned on your system, then you can use the WSReset.exe to clear its cache and reset it. Windows 10 users can do it in the following simple steps:
- On the Windows search box, type WSReset.exe, right-click on its icon, and choose Run as administrator.
- A command-line window would open and execute the command.
- After a few moments, Windows Store would be launched.
You can now use the Windows Store for installing new apps and updating the existing ones.
The article explains various reasons why the Windows voice recorder might not be working, and provides solutions for each of these problems. One common reason is that the audio drivers on your computer are outdated or corrupted. Another possibility is that the microphone you’re using is not compatible with the Windows voice recorder. If you’re using a built-in microphone, it’s also possible that the recording device is not set as the default.
If you’re still having issues with your microphone, you can try running the Microphone Troubleshooter or restarting the audio services. You can also try using a different recording application. If none of these methods work, you can try doing a clean boot of your system.
We hope this article was helpful and that you were able to get your Windows voice recorder working again. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below.
The article explains various reasons why the Windows voice recorder might not be working, and provides solutions for each of these problems.
Yes, Windows 11 has a built-in Voice Recorder. To access it, go to the Start Menu and type in “Voice Recorder”.
Peter is an Electrical Engineer whose primary interest is tinkering with his computer. He is passionate about Windows 10 Platform and enjoys writing tips and tutorials about it.