If you’re running into problems with the Windows 10 Game Bar FPS not working correctly, don’t worry – you’re not alone! This can be a frustrating issue to deal with, but fortunately, it’s usually pretty easy to fix.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps required to get your FPS tracking working correctly once again.
To fix various Windows 10 problems, we recommend Outbyte PC Repair:
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware damage, hardware failure, and optimise your computer for peak performance. In three simple steps, you can resolve PC issues and remove virus damage:
- Download Outbyte PC Repair Software
- Click Start Scan to detect Windows 10 issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Click Repair All to fix issues with your computer's security and performance.
This month, Outbyte has been downloaded by 26,078 readers.
What is Windows Game Bar?
The Windows Game Bar is a built-in tool that allows you to record gameplay footage, take screenshots, and even stream your games live to other people. It’s a handy tool to have if you’re into gaming.
Apart from that, the Windows Game Bar can also be used to track your framerate (FPS) while playing games. This can be useful if you want to see how well your PC is performing or if you’re experiencing any FPS issues.
Unfortunately, many users have reported that the Windows Game Bar FPS counter isn’t working correctly, which can be quite annoying. If you’re one of those users, don’t worry – we’ll help you fix the problem in this article.
What are the causes of Game Bar FPS Not Working?
There are a few potential causes for the Windows Game Bar FPS not working as it should.
- One possibility is that your graphics drivers are out of date.
- Another is that the Game Bar itself is disabled or isn’t properly configured.
- There might be an issue with the registry, causing Game Bar to malfunction.
How to activate Windows FPS Counter?
If you’re not seeing the FPS counter in the Windows Game Bar, there are a few things you can do to fix it.
Fix Windows Game Bar FPS not Working using Command Prompt
If the Windows Game Bar FPS isn’t appearing in your games, one potential fix is to use the Command Prompt and add your user profile to the Performance log users group.
To do this:
- Open the Start menu and type cmd into the search box.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt result and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, first, you need to find the user that you want to add to the Performance log users group. Use net users command for that.
- After getting the username to add, type this command: net localgroup “Performance Log Users” <username> /add. For example:
- After executing the command, close the Command Prompt window and restart the system.
Use Computer Management to fix the Windows Game Bar FPS
Another potential solution is to use the Computer Management tool to add your user profile to the Performance Monitor Users group.
- Open the Start menu and search for Computer Management.
- Click on its icon to open the tool.
- In the left-hand pane, expand Local Users and Groups and select Groups.
- Under Groups, on the right-pane, double click on the Performance Log Users.
- Click on the Add button to add a user profile to the group.
- Enter the user profile name that you want to add to Performance Log Users and click OK.
The Windows Game Bar FPS counter may not be working correctly for some users. This can be due to outdated graphics drivers, the Game Bar itself being disabled or not properly configured, or an issue with the registry.
There are a few potential solutions that can be attempted in order to fix the problem. One solution is to use the Command Prompt and add your user profile to the Performance Log Users group. Another solution is to use Computer Management to add your user profile to the Performance Monitor Users group. If neither of these solutions works, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
We hope that this article helped you fix the Windows Game Bar FPS not working issue. If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below!
No, the Game Bar is not necessary for playing games on Windows. However, it can be a useful tool if you want to record or stream your gameplay.
Game Mode is a feature in Windows that allows you to optimize your PC for gaming. When Game Mode is enabled, your PC will prioritize gaming performance over other activities.
Peter is an Electrical Engineer whose primary interest is tinkering with his computer. He is passionate about Windows 10 Platform and enjoys writing tips and tutorials about it.