Any people who used Photoshop at least once would know that you can use the built in eye dropper to select colors from anywhere on the screen. But what if you’re not working on Photoshop or you find the perfect color somewhere where it doesn’t work.
I have been facing this problem for about some time. So, it thought I should come with a solution soon. And so have done my research for today and am bringing you the 5 best color picker tools for Windows 10.
Well, you never know where you might find inspiration right? So, you need a perfect tool to pick up that exact color. And you’ll know just what to use after today, solving all your problems.
Top 5 Color Picker Tools for Windows 10
ColorPic is one of the simplest tools for picking a color. I really liked the easy going feature and usefulness. You just have to click your mouse to select a color! Look at some of the features:
- It can show you colors in hex and decimal format.
- The hue and saturation can be adjusted easily along with RGB channels.
- You will able to see the percentage of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black.
- There’s a magnification feature that will allow you to magnify a screen to pick up the exact color. The zooming in and out really helps in picking up the right color.
- You can also use the arrow keys to move the mouse to select the desired color.
- Has a color mixture which allows choosing between Hex, Rainbow, Hue and Sliders mixer. You can slightly adjust any color you picked.
- Supports web safe colors also.
- You can make a color platter and save it for later use. You will be able to copy the colors to the clipboard and use from there.
ColorPic can be perfect tool if you are a first timer and it’s also free.
2. Just Color Picker
This is another simple color picker tool for Windows 10. The interface is quite simple and not glamorous at all. Let’s take a look at its features.
- The magnifier allows you to see the selected color all the time.
- Supports ten different color formats such as HTML, RGB, HEX, CMYK, and much more.
- All the colors you pick will be saved in the platter, and you can export them for later use.
- You can open, edit and save Adobe Photoshop .aco color switches and .gpl palette files.
- You can also add comments to each color so that you can memorize additional details.
- It also supports adjustments such as RGB, HSV or HSL, which allows you to adjust the colors easily.
- The tool allows you to use different shades of the color you picked and the gradient view lets you choose from a variety of colors.
- There’s a unique feature called text preview which allows you to test the colors against different backgrounds.
There’s just a tiny problem you cannot select any color without the shortcut Alt + X. It gets a bit annoying though when you have to pick up too many colors.
Well, it takes a while to get used to it, but it’ll be easy from there. Though some could dislike the interface but don’t let looks fool you. It’s loaded with features that will help speed up your work.
Colorpix is yet another wonderful color picker tool that you can use in Windows 10. Let’s look at the features of this one.
- For picking up a color, you just have to hover with the cursor and press any key from the keyboard. This will lock the color and let you decide whether it’s the right one or not.
- You can see the RGB, HEX, HSB and CMYK code available right after locking a color. The codes will allow you to use it elsewhere where you don’t have to pick the color again.
- The magnifier can zoom up to 1600% which will let you choose colors from pixels. I guess the name came from this feature.
- To use the color simply copy it to the clipboard and paste wherever desired.
The main lagging of this one is that it doesn’t support color platters so you can’t save your picked colors. And also you can’t edit it to your desired one as you could with the others.
But to me, it’s a decent tool that you can use if are looking for a basic tool. The application is completely free and easy to download.
The software relies mostly on shortcuts for picking colors. It doesn’t offer any advanced features, and the interface is pretty simple. Let’s look at its features.
- You will see HEX, RGB, CMYK, and HSV color code of any color that you will select in the window panel.
- Though it doesn’t offer any color palettes, you can use shortcuts to copy the hex code of the color. With this feature, you will be able to select the color in any app.
- It also has a magnifier but to use it you need to press a keyboard shortcut. And you have to press the keyboard shortcut to magnify the preview. It’s a rather difficult feature and some people tend to avoid it for this cause.
- But it offers some color mixer options to help you adjust the color you selected.
- The software is extremely light and will go very well with Window 10.
Though you can’t actually save the color palette and the history so, it can only be used for basic features. But if you want more features than you should look into the previous ones.
This one is a unique color picker that will allow picking colors in Windows 10. I liked the features of this one. They include:
- For picking a color you just simply need to drag and drop it.
- The tool allows you to use web colors as well.
- It offers some incredible mixers for you to adjust your color by changing RGB or CYMK components.
- You can also change the hue, saturation, and balance to make it more like what you need.
- After selecting a color, the hex value will be instantly available. So, that you can use it in another application.
- All of your colors will be in the history, and you can even export them for other purposes.
- You can also copy the colors Hex code, reversed Hex, RGB or Long Value format.
The only flaw I thought was the simple interface. Though I don’t really mind it, some people might not like this feature. But as it can successfully do what it should Pixeur has become one my favorites.
So these are the color picker tools that you can use in Windows 10. They are all working and high rated tools. Though if you ask me I would recommend ColorPic and Pixeur, but you can always choose the one that best suits you.